Barry Gardiner

Cannot print out desdcendants charts

I am out of touch of the goings on with TMG and have found a problem.

I keep getting an error when trying to print out some reports (descendants in particular)

I get the message "R&R Report Viewer, Xbase Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close"

If I click on the "more information" link I get the following

"Error Signature

AppName: :rrwrun.exe AppVer: 10.1.1.0 ModName: msctfime.ime

MedVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00006f20"

I have done all the normal house keeping things like validating the database

Reindexed and optimised the file.

defragged the drives and checked the disk for errors

The computer is has an AMD 3000 processor 1.5gig ram running XP that is kept up todate automatically

Barry G

Barry

Are you printing to screen or to a file? Try selecting File and something standard like Word for Windows 2000 and see what happens.

R&R is the third-party report writer that TMG uses. There have been several reports of that error, often with a specific report - and usually a specific printer. In each case the problem was solved by reducing the printer resolution to 600x600. You might give that a try.

Virginia

R&R is the third-party report writer that TMG uses. There have been several reports of that error, often with a specific report - and usually a specific printer. In each case the problem was solved by reducing the printer resolution to 600x600. You might give that a try.

Virginia

Thank you for that Virginia,

I swapped away from the Brother Laser printer went to the Canon Inket and all came good. Later I swapped back again and still ok :D . Initially the default printer was "off line" not even connected. So changed an online printer as the default and all was then OK. Trouble stems I think from having too many printers ;)

Barry G