MMj

Wish List - Citation Overload

Hi

Perhaps some of you old-timers at this game could give me some pointers on how to thoroughly cite all of my tags but avoid making my reports totally unreadable when I include footnotes in them. I'm finding that this problem proliferates as the number of cites attached to tags grows.

In a perfect world, I wish TMG had a checkbox in the citation entry dialog that would allow me to determine whether each citation should show up in my reports or not. It could be defaulted to "checked" or "unchecked". Then I would be able to cite the dickens out of my tags, but would be able to control which cites appeared on the reports.

I would like to add this functionality (or some other solution that accomplishes the same objective) to the wish list.

Are there any work-arounds to the problem?

Thanks

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland

Hi

Perhaps some of you old-timers at this game could give me some pointers on how to thoroughly cite all of my tags but avoid making my reports totally unreadable when I include footnotes in them. I'm finding that this problem proliferates as the number of cites attached to tags grows.

In a perfect world, I wish TMG had a checkbox in the citation entry dialog that would allow me to determine whether each citation should show up in my reports or not. It could be defaulted to "checked" or "unchecked". Then I would be able to cite the dickens out of my tags, but would be able to control which cites appeared on the reports.

I would like to add this functionality (or some other solution that accomplishes the same objective) to the wish list.

Are there any work-arounds to the problem?

Thanks

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland

In the Citation box in the Tag window select a citation you don't want to appear in reports, right click and select "Exclude this citation"

In the Citation box in the Tag window select a citation you don't want to appear in reports, right click and select "Exclude this citation"

Cool!!!

I can't believe I've been using this software for a year and didn't know you could do precisely what I just asked for. This forum is a great place to learn.

Thanks

Mike