Michael Harris

Second Site V-2, TMG V.7 Issues

I am contemplating upgrading my computer system to a Dell XPS 410. It will run Vista. I want to be sure that both TMG and Second Site will run together and on the new Vista operating system. The rumors are that TMG 7 will run on Vista with more or less a "plug and play" ease. Is that correct ? I have not purchased Second Site yet, preferring to wait to be sure V.2 works with TMG 7 and Vista.

Any info greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Second Site v2 (and v1) work with Vista. You should follow the rules outlined in a document by Jim Byram that explains how to install TMG v6.x on Windows Vista, and if you do so, you'll have no trouble with Second Site. (SS accesses the TMG data files and if you don't follow Jim's Vista instructions, those data files can be inaccessible to SS)

A couple SS users have reported difficulties under Vista, but so far those difficulties had to do with install issues. In one case, for example, the main EXE file for Second Site had a compatibility setting assigned (no clear reason why that happened) and once that compatibility setting was disabled, Second Site worked fine.