efcharvet

Compressed Pedigree: Truncate to Printer - Off

The Compressed Pedigree report is one of the most useful reports in TMG for me. It fits a lot of needs.

It does have one "fault:" The "line wrapping" feature when the "Truncate to Printer" option is unselected makes ugly reports.

That is: Report > Compressed Pedigree > Options > Miscellaneous (tab) > Truncate to Printer (unselect)

The line wraps to the left edge of the page, rather that indenting to the where the Name indents in the Compressed Pedigree chart.

I would like to see this fixed sometime. (An example of a portion of a current report is attached.)

Regards, Earl

post-1703-1190675460_thumb.jpg

It is my understanding that this problem (and its equivalent in the Descendant Indented Chart) are the result of the lack of control over such line wrapping within the 3rd party tool used within TMG to construct text-based reports.

I doubt that this can be fixed until these reports are constructed using a completely new report generation module. I have no idea of intention to seek a better report generation tool.

This is not the only hassle with this report generating tool. It is very inflexible about the setting of page margins and the use of page sizes that are larger than A4 (e.g. A3) which would be another way of creating less frequently wrapped lines.