rex1942

Chart Lines Disappear on pdf files; replace by symbols.

I generated three compressed ancestral charts and saved them in pdf format. When I viewed them at home, where TMG is installed, all connecting lines appeared in the right places.

I forwarded to my work PC and all the lines on these charts now just show characters or symbols - no lines at all.

I'm not sure what version of TMG I have (at work now), 5 or 6. However, both my home and work PCs have the same Adobe Acrobat Reader Version: 8.

Is there something I have to do in Adobe to read these differently?

Any other ideas on why lines are disappearing? I've attached one of the forwarded documents.

John F. King

FrancesRIrwin.pdf

This problem usually means that the ALineTMG font is not installed on the computer. I can send you that font for your office PC and will contact you directly about that. Install it and see if that makes a difference in your case.

Although I have that font - and your document looks fine in Adobe Acrobat 7 - I see the same problem in your document in a pdf annotating software. That software indicates that the ALineTMG.Bold font is specified in your document properties but the font used in its place (giving the odd characters) is MM Sans Serif.

Virginia