Everett

WordPort Spawn Error

This error persists on my desktop with V7. :(

When I try to develop an individual narrative from the sample project in Word 2000 or later, I get the Wordport Spawn Error, followed by contact technical support.

Any ideas?

Everett Hunt :o

This error persists on my desktop with V7. :(

When I try to develop an individual narrative from the sample project in Word 2000 or later, I get the Wordport Spawn Error, followed by contact technical support.

Any ideas?

Everett Hunt :o

I'm getting the same error-- trying to make a Word file for Word 2003. I'm using Vista x64, SP1, and my Office installation has the latest service packs.

formerprof

Guest PhilDee

TMG is not designed for Windows X64 and has not been tested at all with that OS. It may be that some of the report make use of 16 bit code that X64 cannot deal with.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

TMG is not designed for Windows X64 and has not been tested at all with that OS. It may be that some of the report make use of 16 bit code that X64 cannot deal with.

Phil

Then it seems to me that the claim of "native Vista" should be clarified. If Version 7 doesn't run on Vista 64 you should say so before we buy it. One of the reasons I've been so impatient to get Version 7 is that I'm moving to the 64-bit system.

formerprof

Phil

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 with TMG 6 and 7 on D Drive. This problem plagued me in both Version 6 and 7. :blink:

Edited by evhunt

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 with TMG 6 and 7 on D Drive. This problem plagued me in both Version 6 and 7. :blink:

I had similar problems before I went to the 64 bit OS. Does this mean that TMG will not be supporting 64bit systems? If not I will need to find another package to work with. It is very time consuming to write Visual B to export the txt file into.

:blink: