Procat

Problem when adding citation

In Preferences I had the warnings set to "Warn when citation has no sureties". When I added my citation without sureties the warning popped however I was unable to then "Accept" or "Cancel'. I was also unable to cancel the citation entry. TMG had locked and I had the use Task Manager to get out.

Turning off the warning allowed the citation to be added.

Edited by Procat

A beta tester reported that he managed to get the Surety question to pop up behind the other windows so that it was inaccessible -- and I suspect that might be the case for you. The beta tester was unable to repeat it, however, and so were the developers. You may not want to try it again but if you do, please give us any more details that you can about how to do it. Does it happen with the Sample project, for instance? Was the Reminder window open?

Thanks.

Hi Bob,

Just tried it with the sample project and it worked fine - though I searched for a source to use.

In my own data base I was in Person View. Selected an event. The Reminder window opened, I clicked on citation, clicked on the "Add a citation sign', The reminder window closed, TYPED in the number of my source, Clicked on OK, a second reminder window popped (Reminder - Source type "Book (Authored), the warning window has also popped but is behind other windows. I can get to it by dragging other windows but all windows are now inactive.

I just tried again but this time I Selected an event. The Reminder window opened, I clicked on citation, clicked on the "Add a citation sign', The reminder window closed, clicked on the "Binoculars", scrolled through the Master Source List to the same source, Selected it. All worked as it should.

I also tried using the "Repeat Last Citation" and that worked. It did not pop a Warning Window". However, I would expect that to be the case.

It seems that the problem arises when the Source number is typed in rather than searched.

Hope this all makes sense.

I have this problem as well. And yes I see that somehow the "Citation has no sureties Continue anyway?" popup is behind the screen. I too entered the source number manually. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get out of the endless loop and have to close TMG from Task Manager.