cray4348

An old bug and a new bug

I downloaded v7 yesterday and have worked with it a few hours now and so far really love the new features. But I've run into a couple things that are exceedingly annoying.

The first is an old bug that I've seen since v5, but never gave it much attention. In Tag Entry screens when I click on the Globe Icon in the upper right corner to find the place on the web, I get a bad URL for US GNIS:

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_quer...ois&f_cnty=

When I check this against a good URL to GNIS I see that the "gnis" segment between pls and web_query is not there. Apparently the imbedded URL in TMG needs to be repaired.

The other bug is a new one for v7. In the Tag Entry window when I clicked on "Repeat Last Citation" for the very first time it worked just fine, the citation and citation detail appeared almost immediately in the window. But since that time when I click on this button nothing appears in the Citation window. I have to click OK and then reopen the window to see the citation. This is quite annoying as frequently when I want to repeat the previous citation I also have to revise the Citation Detail.

Has anyone else run into these problems?

Bob

I downloaded v7 yesterday and have worked with it a few hours now and so far really love the new features. But I've run into a couple things that are exceedingly annoying.

The other bug is a new one for v7. In the Tag Entry window when I clicked on "Repeat Last Citation" for the very first time it worked just fine, the citation and citation detail appeared almost immediately in the window. But since that time when I click on this button nothing appears in the Citation window. I have to click OK and then reopen the window to see the citation. This is quite annoying as frequently when I want to repeat the previous citation I also have to revise the Citation Detail.

Has anyone else run into these problems?

Bob

I have experienced this also. For me it only occurs if I have entered multiple (different) citations. This seems to confuse the system so that when I click on 'Repeat last citation' the number of citations increases however I have to click on 'OK' and then go back in to see them.

Doug

Well, I got the new bug fixed. I don't recall now what I did but I can click on the Use Last Citation button and it populates correctly now.

But TMG still needs to fix the GNIS URL on that button on Tag Entry.