cbjohnny

Importing from V4 to V7 problems

For years I was blissfully happy with Version 4.0d until my computer died last fall. Prior to its demise, I copied my files to an external hard drive. Attempts to restore them to my new computer failed because my installation program was only V4.0. Today I dowloaded and installed a trial copy of V7 (mainly because I was not sure if I would be able to import my files off the external hard drive - if/when I am able to successfully import my dataset, I will be happy to purchase the product).

Using the Import Wizard, I was able to find the appropriate file on the external hard drive (both the .TMG and .SQZ files). I followed the instructions for steps 1 thru 4, and when I click Finish, up pops a window with the title "Loctate ltocx13n.ocx," and it appears to be looking for an ocx file, but I have not idea what that is nor can I find anything that looks promising. I swithed the "Files of type" to all files, select the file that I want to import, and get the following error message:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 44

FRMWIZ4TO5.WIZPAGEFRAME1PAGE5.CON.MFINISH

I don't know what to do next. I realize that I should have been upgrading my TMG versions all this while, and I would probably not be in this mess now. I would hate to think that after all of these years of input, my database is lost forever. Any and all help would be gratefully appreciated!! I'm pretty technically inept, and first apologize if I did not give enough information about the problem, and second I ask that your solutions, if any, are tailored to my lower level of expertise :^)

Thanks,

John

Using the Import Wizard, I was able to find the appropriate file on the external hard drive (both the .TMG and .SQZ files).

Try doing a Restore using the sqz files rather than an import. (See Bob Velke v7 installation instructions at the top of the list).

Good luck!

Pam

I followed the instructions for steps 1 thru 4, and when I click Finish, up pops a window with the title "Loctate ltocx13n.ocx," and it appears to be looking for an ocx file, but I have not idea what that is nor can I find anything that looks promising.

It's a bug that should be fixed in v7.01. All 'lt' libraries were updated to v14 in TMG v7. This is a reference to an old v13 file that wasn't caught.

I am also running into this issue. Bought my wife the new version to run on her new computer, and we are dead in the water while waiting for this to be fixed.

Any chance we could get a quick update just removing the incorrect reference to ltocx13n?

Patrick

I am also running into this issue. Bought my wife the new version to run on her new computer, and we are dead in the water while waiting for this to be fixed.

Give Tech Support (support@whollygenes.com) a call or email. Explain your problem and they will give you the instructions to email or upload your files to them. They will be able to get your files into v7.

Give Tech Support (support@whollygenes.com) a call or email. Explain your problem and they will give you the instructions to email or upload your files to them. They will be able to get your files into v7.

Thanks - I e-mail'd on 2/23 - hopefully will receive a reply today.

My husband has found a work around. Back up your v4 files as a .SQZ file. Download a trial version of v6. Import into v6 then save backup from v6. v7 will then open this. It was found it necessary to use uncompressed .SQZ backup, the compressed file would not unzip but this is just a menu item, no problem.

v4 data now seems all OK on v7.

Hope this helps.