Guest Michael Dietz

Possible glitch with primary designation

Guest Michael Dietz

The easiest way to describe this is by an example.

Add two of the same tag, such as Note, to an individual. One will be designated the primary one as shown by the asterisk. Now change the one which is not the primary to another tag such as Education. If it does not have a primary designation make it a primary tag. Now change the Education tag back to a Note tag. You will now have two Note tags, both of which are designated as the primary one. I thought the ability to have two tags being primary is not according to the rules of TMG. Apparently the primary designation of the Education tag stays with that event even when there is already one of that type as primary.

Now remove the primary designation from one of them. Then place the primary designation back on the one you removed it from. The other Note tag will lose its primary designation. This is the type of behavior I expected.

Thank you

Mike

In the normal course of updating on V7, I have seen double primary tags, especially for things like marriages or birth dates. I am guessing that it could have happened after a member data merge. It hasn't seem to cause any problems so far since I was merging duplicates and the double primary was set to the same desired date.

I haven't seen any set to DIFFERENT dates so far, as could happen with different source members set to different primary dates.

Edited by retsof