IndyDan

Including Middle Names in Reports

Include them in what context? In the text of narratives, or some other kind of report? The middle name alone, or as part of the full name?

I would like to have the option to have the middle name print out (and show on the screen) as part of the full name. For example, I see no option to print John Wesley Hardin on a pedigree sheet instead of John Hardin.

I had in mind just the non-narrative portion of the reports, but it would also be nice to have this ability in the narrative portion.

The Given Name field is intended to hold both the first and middle names. So, for example, enter John Wesley in the given name field. By entering them both they appear in the various screens, and in most reports.

In narratives you can specify that middle names be omitted in most contexts by use of the appropriate sentences.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what purpose is served by having the option under Reports>Journal>Options>Custom>Names>Include middle names ? It looks as though the Journal report will be the same when both names are entered on the same line whether the Include middle name option is checked or not.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what purpose is served by having the option under Reports>Journal>Options>Custom>Names>Include middle names ? It looks as though the Journal report will be the same when both names are entered on the same line whether the Include middle name option is checked or not.

The "Include middle names" option you reference is under Back Reference Generations...it refers only to the back references in the Journal report...do you want the back references to include middle names or not...if left unchecked the back references include only first names...