Milkman

Bug? constant Open File box for *.dbf

I am getting an annoying Open file box. It is looking for a *.dbf file. It opens in The Master Genealogist v7 folder and has 8 files: Code, effects, errorlog, Foxuser, strings, words1, words2, and words3. No matter which one I use it will go away for awhile then return again later on. It seems to happen when I click on a person in the detail window under the tree tab. Are there any resolutions to this issue?

I have just tried Reindex, Optimize and Validate File integrity. For some reason no matter how many times I try that sequence, Optimize shows a difference of 79 bytes. (41,069,554 bytes before 41,069,474 bytes after). Weird.

The Open file dialog box is an indication of an underlying problem and there is no need to click on a file. You may be able to Ignore and continue, but it is usually better to end that session and restart TMG.

This only happens in the Tree view? Do you have the Project Explorer open and linked? If so, what is the Sort order and is it filtered? Maybe we can replicate the problem.

Virginia

Virginia,

I found yesterday that I would get the Open Dialog box if I got "strings too long to fit" error on opening TMG. I don't consistently get the "strings" error, but if I do, I almost always will get the open dialog box when I click on my custom toolbar button to search by ID. If I don't get the "strings" error, the button works fine.

The Open file dialog box is an indication of an underlying problem and there is no need to click on a file. You may be able to Ignore and continue, but it is usually better to end that session and restart TMG.

This only happens in the Tree view? Do you have the Project Explorer open and linked? If so, what is the Sort order and is it filtered? Maybe we can replicate the problem.

Virginia

After reading this post I went to test it out. When I opened TMG the Custom toolbar opens quickly then after about a second the Details, Children and Siblings windows open. I briefly saw a window that stated it was creating thumbnails. This time I just clicked on a descendent and the open window occurred. I do have the relationship tag set. I will try unchecking the Automatic relation tag and see if after the ROV procedure and restarting TMG if that changes anything. Other than that I wonder if it just needs to be reinstalled.

After reading this post I went to test it out. When I opened TMG the Custom toolbar opens quickly then after about a second the Details, Children and Siblings windows open. I briefly saw a window that stated it was creating thumbnails. This time I just clicked on a descendent and the open window occurred. I do have the relationship tag set. I will try unchecking the Automatic relation tag and see if after the ROV procedure and restarting TMG if that changes anything. Other than that I wonder if it just needs to be reinstalled.

Nope, that doesn't work either. The Welcome window actually opens first and I select Last Open project, and it actually takes about 20 seconds for the other windows to show after the Custom toolbar opens.

<br />Are your user data files (projects, configuration_files, etc.) installed in the default location: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7 ?<br /><br />Virginia<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I had this issue in Windows Vista and had to turn off User Account Control. So if you have Vista this may be your problem. Instructions for disabling this security feature can be found here http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm .