DebbieV76

"Lifespan," and also divorce notations

The birth date is not included in dbase, but the death date is.

I was expecting the death date to print, but it does not. Is there a way to modify this, to look something like: ( - Sep 25, 1967)

Is there a way to force Lifespan format? Both birth and death dates on the same line within the box?

Also, is there a way to indicate a divorce without having it on a line all on its own?

Thanks in advance

Edited by DebbieV76

I just tried making the birth date of John Fugate in the sample project non primary and creating a descendant box chart of John Alexander with lifespan in each box. The lifespan for John Fugate did not get ouput. I will report this as a bug.

The only way of making the lifepan appear on a single line is if the box width is wide enough.

Divorce is a separate tag and in the current version has to be VCF output on a separate line.

Workarounds:

Enter an estimated birth or death year in the dataset using a date modifier: circa, say, before, after, etc. This can be helpful anyway - beyond charts.

Select 'Blanks for missing data' under Miscellaneous on the Other Tab in the Chart Options. That will get the partial Lifespan ( - 25 Sept 1944) but would also give you blank lines for all missing data - which you may not want.

Enter the Lifespan in the chart manually for those people. Not realistic for a large chart.

Virginia