JohnJ

Problems with Exhibits

I've got two Exhibits problems that may be related.

(1) Backup won't include Exhibits. I can see Exhibits in Second Site output so the exhibits are there, but ticking or not-ticking the check-box for including exhibits in the Backup file has no effect - the backup file does not include the exhibts.

(2) Hitting the "Load" button on the Properties page for an exhibit works OK the first time, but subsequent tries geneates an error message "Invalid path of file name 16 ATTR.PGFPROP.PAGE1.CMDLOAD.CLICK"

TIA ... John.

I may have found part of the answer ... when I look in Thumbs.log I see a string of messages of the form:

2008.02.23, 22:57:35 ! 3 External Image C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Jameson Family Tree\Exhibits\Sir Wilson Jameson.jpg not found.

2008.02.23, 22:57:35 > 3.1 ...but C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\John Jameson Family Tree\Exhibits\Sir Wilson Jameson.jpg found.

It looks as if TMG is going first to the Exhibits folder I had set up for V6 and not finding the exhibit, but then looks in the folder I have set up for exhibits in V7 and finds the file OK. Weird.

John.

I've resolved the first problem. I deleted every V6 exhibit and the directory, ran Validate File Integrity (again), and hey presto it looks as if TMG now has a single (correct) view of where to find exhibits. And Backup picks up exhibits as directed :-)

So now all I have (at the moment) is problem number 2. Also noticed the Load button is completely missing for Text exhibits - is this correct?

1) VFI only makes a path change with exhibit links when the original path is invalid. If the original path is still valid, the path will still point to the original location.

2) There is a load error that will be fixed in v7.01. Not sure if it's the same and will check that later.

3) Right. The general tab for text exhibits does not have a load button. It should. You have to delete the original and re-add the text exhibit. VFI should also fix the link if the original is invalid.