Tom Weaver

Add Person screen problem

Hi all. Just loaded v. 7 and am really impressed. I did run into a problem with the add person screens. Since I have large number gaps in my IDs, I now use F2 to select the lowest available ID number. In v. 6 all I had to do is F2 ENTER. Now in v. 7, the ENTER key does not work and I have to use the mouse to click the ENTER button. Can this be changed back?

Tom

If the specific ID number is not important, you can always do a tools/renumber people/renumber people in the selected dataset to condense all ID numbers and eliminate the gaps.

Thank you both. Unfortunately the older IDs are important as there are several thousand exhibits tied to them. I look forward to v. 7.01

I haven't tried messing with exhibits yet. Another test might be to set up a person with a FAKE exhibit, and renumber the person. See whether the reference exhibit moves with him. If so, renumbering the whole dataset would then be no problem.

There might also be differences between internal and external exhibits. Current thinking is to use external exhibits to keep the backup dataset size small.