tjoos

Missing Exhibits

Hi,

This summer I attempted to create a DVD with my exhibits on it only to find out that the DVD program wouldn't allow me to write files to the disk that held items such as colons in there titles. This lead to the overhaul of the naming conventions and thus the names of almost all of our exhibits. In the end it really did make for a much neater and easier to understand exhibit folder, but of course that means that they all had to be not only renamed but also reattached to the sources & citations they had originally been attached to. After 2 months of reattaching we've made every frowning face we can find disappear but after running validate and then checking the VFI log it still says that we have 838 out of 3456 files not found. Then I ran the TMG Utility and checked for missing exhibits. The first time it found 45 missing files but it so nicely gave me the actual places to look for the missing files and I was able to reattach all of those and know TMG Utility tells me I have no missing exhibits, but the VFI Log still shows 816 missing exhibits. Can someone tell me how to I find out where these files were attached so I can fix them?

Thanks! Terri

Read the "Missing Exhibits" topic in help.

Basically, if you open the Exhibit Log and set the focus to 'All Exhibits', you will see a frowny face for each missing exhibit. You can check the exhibit properties to see what the correct path should be and use that information to correct the issue.

Read the "Missing Exhibits" topic in help.

Basically, if you open the Exhibit Log and set the focus to 'All Exhibits', you will see a frowny face for each missing exhibit. You can check the exhibit properties to see what the correct path should be and use that information to correct the issue.

********************************************************************************

I read "Missing Exhibits" topic, but still don't understand what happened or whether I can even get back the pictures that were replaced by a yellow frowning face. I opened "Properties" and followed the path as far as I could (which wasn't very far). I have over 90,000 people in my database and have a hard time finding which person has a photo, but I finally found one and I had 2 photos for that person - one was fine, but the other was replaced by a yellow frowning face. I wonder now if I lost all photos entered after I installed Ver. 7 although the one I just mentioned with 2 pics was done long before Ver 7. I always wanted my pics to be "internal exhibits" and I thought that was making the picture a part of TMG and not some other file "way out there" on my computer???

Can I get the pictures back that are now yellow faces or are they gone forever?

Thanks for any help in understanding what happened here.

Gloria