Donna C.

Report Index - Word "error - no index entries found"

Everytime I export a report to Microsoft Word, when trying to building the index I get the error "No index entries found". I have checked the index options on the report definition. I also in word went to Insert - Reference - Indexes and Tables - Table of Contents - Options and chose "Table entry fields".

I am using Windows Vista, TMG 7 and Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Donna C.

Donna, you mention building an Index but indicate you selected Index and Tables > Table of Contents - not the Index tab - in Word. Assuming that you intended an Index, I am able to successfully generate an index in Word 2003 but I am using WinXP. Perhaps another Vista user will have a suggestion. In the meantime, you might want to doublecheck that you have all the appropriate index options ticked in TMG. You can also try resetting the report configuration to its defaults, using the Delete button under the configuration name on the report definition screen. You will then have to reselect your Index and other report options.

Virginia

Donna, you mention building an Index but indicate you selected Index and Tables > Table of Contents - not the Index tab - in Word. Assuming that you intended an Index, I am able to successfully generate an index in Word 2003 but I am using WinXP. Perhaps another Vista user will have a suggestion. In the meantime, you might want to doublecheck that you have all the appropriate index options ticked in TMG. You can also try resetting the report configuration to its defaults, using the Delete button under the configuration name on the report definition screen. You will then have to reselect your Index and other report options.

Virginia