strathglass

Data Model/ERD available?

Has anyone bothered to create any kind of visual data model or entity relation diagram type-of-thing for TMG?

I.e. something that would show all the different object types and how they relate, cardinality, etc.

I think it would answer a lot of the basic questions people have (at least, I think it would help me!).

thanks

-strathglass

Do you mean the database filestructure?

If so Bob Velke has the following tmgfstr.zip . It describes TMG file structure as of version 3.6. Keep in mind that the the current version is at 7.0, but I believe basic structure hasn't changed very much.

Does anyone know if there is a more current file?

Thanks altogatto and Virginia.

But what I was actually looking for was a data MODEL: what are the logical objects in the database (people, places, events, citations, sources, etc.) and how do they relate. via a graphical model like an ERD etc.

Regards,

strathglass

But what I was actually looking for was a data MODEL: what are the logical objects in the database (people, places, events, citations, sources, etc.) and how do they relate. via a graphical model
This may not be "exactly" what you are looking for, and may not be a "formal" graphical model, but I have found the visual model of sticky notes that Terry uses when describing Terry's Basic Concepts of TMG to be a pretty good description of the logical objects in TMG. You might start there.