Robert Jacobs

Pedigree report & word processor files

I see from past posts that the pedigree report cannot be sent to a word processing file. Naturally it's the one I need this week . . .

Is this likely to change when version 7.01 comes out? If not I'd like to put in a plug for having the capability added.

I'd also be interested in knowing the original reason for the exclusion if anyone knows.

Thanks and all good wishes.

formerprof

Because of the complexity of that particular formatting, it is output only to pdf or to screen. Could you use an ancestor box chart instead and insert it as a graphic in your word processor document? The box chart is oriented left-to-right with invisible box lines, like this

pedigree.jpg

Virginia

Because of the complexity of that particular formatting, it is output only to pdf or to screen. Could you use an ancestor box chart instead and insert it as a graphic in your word processor document? The box chart is oriented left-to-right with invisible box lines, like this

post-23-1207939815_thumb.jpg

Virginia

Thanks so much, Virginia. I'll try that this week end. All good wishes.

formerprof

What about the Compressed Pedigree. It can be sent to word processing. It is not as pretty as the Pedigree report but if you abbreviate states and globally replace county with Co., I can squeeze 5 generations onto a Landscape 8 1/2 x 11 page. 6 generations is tougher.

Janis Parkison Rodriguez

FrankPPed.DOC

JeffieCPed.DOC