I purchased TMG 7 because it is supposed to be one of the best programs for keeping data on family research. To date I have had nothing but problems. Yesterday I succesfully imported 416, 326 names after 3 days of tieing up my computer. The next step was to check for duplicates. After several hours, I did get a list of merge candidates of 515, 231. I started checking and merging. I could not review the peole in TMG. I had to go to my legacy program, split view to compare candidates. Those that I wanted to merge I did. After several hundred evaluations, I decided to close the merge and quit for the night. I could find no way to save the candidates, or the merge or my place in the merge. Did I miss something or do I have to check for duplicates each time I want to merge people. If that is the case this is unacceptable.

Thomas, there is a split view in TMG to compare candidates. Highlight the pair and click on the Details button to open the split display. You can use the Next Pair button to quickly move down the list of candidates. For more options, click the Help button on the Split Display screen.

Also, see Help > Check for Duplicate People.

Hope this helps -

Virginia

mergeX.jpg