Started up TMG (I have UK Gold edition) and it automatically downloaded and installed the upgrade to 6.09.

Rebooted and ran new version which gets as far as the "Query" download bar when the system locks. Have to use ctrl-alt-del to end the process.

Help!

Started up TMG (I have UK Gold edition) and it automatically downloaded and installed the upgrade to 6.09.

Rebooted and ran new version which gets as far as the "Query" download bar when the system locks. Have to use ctrl-alt-del to end the process.

Help!

Phil,

6.09 has a new feature called Message Manager which is trying to connect to the Internet to download messages. It's sticking at the Query point because it can't access the Internet. Check your firewall settings are not blocking TMG and that you are connected.

A firewall is a likely culprit. If not that, then maybe you will need to change the Preference setting for slashes. That is in Preferences > Program Options > Other > 'Send URLs to the browser with backslashes'. Maybe the default setting is not working with your browser.

To get the program loaded: when TMG is closed, you could try using Notepad to edit the app.ini [startup] section and set CheckMessageDays=0, so it won't check for messages when it loads.

Virginia B.

Thanks for your help.

I'm sure the firewall is the problem but I cannot get mine (Norton) to recognise TMG, despite telling it to permit internet access.

App.ini did not have an entry for CheckMessage Days, so I entered the line manually and was able to load TMG ok. Resetting the preferences for sending URL with backslash, had no effect.

Consequently. I can use TMG ok, as long as I leave messenger switched off.

Phil

Virginia

Firstly, turning off firewall allows messenger to work fine, so firewall is definitely the problem.

When messenger tries to dial up, my system connects to the internet ok then my firewall stops messenger and reccomends it is blocked. I set the permissions to allow internet connection but the system locks out. However, other TMG web activities work ok.

Now I can load TMG I have tried manually activating messenger, as per your post, but still get the same response.

I have also tried manually configuring the firewall through its own configuration screen but it does not seem to recognise TMG and won't add it to its acceptable program list? :wacko:

Phil

Edited by philrosb