Sorry for the delay in answering. Toronto was caught in a heat wave with temperatures of 35ºC (95ºF) and a humidex of 47ºC (116ºF). We fled the city to a cottage in the Muskoka's where the weather and the water were great. Real Paradise - no internet connection there. Cooler air moved in last night so we are back.
I set the Source Categories to custom and reran. It stopped at the same spot (showing it was working on sources and was 92% complete) with the same Error (Variable Ruleset is not found). Now in previous tries I could not get out of this without aborting and when I tried to load the programme again it would not load (giving me a cryptic "an error occurred trying to load data"). So I would then restore the project from my backup file. This time however, in trying to get out of the run I pressed abort or ignore or retry in some unknown order when all of a sudden it took off and finished. (I have tried but have not been able to duplicate that result)
The new dataset had the 2706 people I expected. But at this point, I realized that it was not Move Persons that I wanted to do but rather Copy Persons. So I restored the project and tried to use Copy Persons. I received no error code but nothing happens and the program appears to be just spinning its wheels.
So it is not working in either case.