My PC hung just after modifying an entry, and TMG would not reload normally after rebooting. Following the instructions I selected my data set, but received the following error message:

Error Number: 41

Error Type: MEMO file is missing/invalid

Program Module: MKIDX

Line Number: 227

I have rebooted a couple of times but am still getting the same message. What should I do? :unsure:

Many thanks.

It sounds like you are using our version 4.x? If so, I would like for you to run the external repair command again after a fresh reboot of the computer. TMG should be closed (Start, Programs, The Master Genealogist, Repair). Run the command until all damage files have been repaired. This may take a few times.

When you go to open up TMG and get the welcome screen please choose the "dataset" tab. From there click on the bottom right box to start TMG with sample dataset. This should let you into TMG.

Then click on the menu item File and choose open and select your dataset.

If you should have any further questions, please let me know.

Glad to be of service, Dorothy Turner, Tech Support

My PC hung just after modifying an entry, and TMG would not reload normally after rebooting. Following the instructions I selected my data set, but received the following error message:

Error Number: 41

Error Type: MEMO file is missing/invalid

Program Module: MKIDX

Line Number: 227

I have rebooted a couple of times but am still getting the same message. What should I do? :unsure:

Many thanks.