ConstanceHorne

Address-Cemetery Tag & Burial Tag Mods

I copied the Address tag, saved it as Address-Cemetery, and modified the Principal sentence as follows:

[P] - <Founded [D],> <[P] is located at [L].>< [M]> [:CR:][:CR:][bOLD:]The following people are buried here[:BOLD]

I add the Cemetery as a non-related person with the last name of Cemetery and add the Address-Cemetery and fill in the details. The start date of the cemetery goes into the date field.

Then under the burial tag I added a Role of Cemetery. The Cemetery Role Sentence is as follows:

[:CR:][:CR:][P1]<- [D]><, aged [A1]><. [M]>

I add the "Cemetery Person" as P2 to each burial. That way I can double-click on the Cemetery and go right to it without extra steps.

Then I run an Individual Narrative Report and get this:

Individual Narrative of Forest Lawn Cemetery (804)

Forest Lawn Cemetery (804) - Founded 1922, Forest Lawn Cemetery (804) is located at Forest Lawn Cemetery, 4000 Pilots Lane, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia, 23222, 804 321-7655, 373543N0772613W.

The following people are buried here.

John Robert Chappell Jr. (23) - 4 Jan 1969, aged 70.

Mary Horry Eppes (24) - after 2 Aug 1972. See file folder under Chappell, John Robert Jr, for a map of Forest

Lawn Cemetery, marking where John Robert Chappell, Jr and Mary Horry Eppes Chappell are buried.

Edward Mitchell Eppes Jr. (221) - 19 Mar 1985, aged 85.

... you get the idea. Of course it looks better when it's not in plain text but this is SO Cool! :D

Thank you for posting this information. This is such a great idea. I created my roles and am adding cemeteries as well as updating TMG to incorporate this. I don't know a thing about all the codes, but am trying to learn it. There's so much to learn about TMG that I've never bothered to since version 4. :mellow:

Boy, can I ever relate to that! Fortunately, the video tutorials opened my eyes to many of the possibilities and forums like this are adding more daily! I love it :D It definitely keeps the brain in tune......

B)

Joan

Thank you for posting this information. This is such a great idea. I created my roles and am adding cemeteries as well as updating TMG to incorporate this. I don't know a thing about all the codes, but am trying to learn it. There's so much to learn about TMG that I've never bothered to since version 4. :mellow:

I have since modified the burial tag again to add a link for Second Site to the Cemetery page as follows:

P1 would have the role of Interred and P2 has the role of Cemetery...

[R:Interred] was buried< [D]>< [L]><, aged [A1]><. [M][:NP:]><[HID:][sS:][html:] To see others buried at the same cemetery, go here: [R:Cemetery][:HTML][:SS][:HID]>

Well, time has passed and I understand sentences much better now. :rolleyes:

I have added up to 3 spouses to print on the cemetery report so the report can remind me to look for spouses when I don't remember their names or where they are buried.

Note: M1 in the Burial tag is for the location within the cemetery.

Here is my current set up:

Address-Cemetery Tag

Principal sentence: [P] - <Founded [D],> [P] is located <at [L2],>< [L3],>< [L4]>< [L5]>.< [M].>[:CR:][:CR:][bOLD:]The following people are buried here[:BOLD]

Burial Tag

Interred sentence: [R:Interred] was buried <[D]><in [R:Cemetery]><in [M1]><, located at [L2]><, [L3]><, [L4]><, [L5]><, [L6]><, aged [A1]><. [M2]>

Cemetery sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][R:Interred]<- [D]><, located in [M1]><, aged [A1]><. Spouse(s): [R:Spouse1]>< and [R:Spouse2]>< and [R:Spouse3]><. [M2]>

Spouse1, Spouse2, Spouse3 Male Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:]His wife, [R:Interred], was buried <[D]><in [R:Cemetery]><in [M1]><at [L2]><, [L3]><, [L4]><, [L5]><, [L6]><, aged [A1]><. [WM]>

Spouse1, Spouse2, Spouse3 Female Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:]Her husband, [R:Interred], was buried <[D]><in [R:Cemetery]><in [M1]><at [L2]><, [L3]><, [L4]><, [L5]><, [L6]><, aged [A1]><. [WM]>

Edited by ConstanceHorne