Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'reports tags sentence'.
Found 1 result
My daughter and I have been using my TMG database to write up a series of short papers telling some of the family stories I have collected over the years (e.g., the little girl who died from eating poison berries, the uncle who drove cross-country with his infant son's casket, etc.). Such stories are an important and interesting part of genealogy, and I want to make sure the are told and not lost. I have been generating the raw sentence structure for these stories with a combination of the "Individual Narrative Preview with Sources" for data about the subject of the story and the "Family Group Sheet" for data about that subject's children. I am wondering if the might be a simpler way, or if anyone would have some suggestions for improving the process of generating these tales for publication. The papers are relatively short (about 15 printed pages) and are grouped into stories about related people (e.g. great-grandparents and their family as they settled into a small Missouri town - they settled there because that is where their horse died). There are about half dozen such stories per paper, and each story generally consists of how the subject is related (their link to the original immigrant and how they are related to those who will be reading the stories), a bit about their life (including their children, where they resided, etc.), and then the actual tale which caused them to be in the report. to do this I am generating an Individual Narrative and FGS for each subject in the paper, including bibliography and endnotes. My daughter and I then cluge these into a single tale . We add some additional research to fill out the story (the berry story, above, turned out to be true - not all of them are, and that is part of the fun of the paper - and we added some information on the berries, and what information we could find about that particular malady). We then add what photographs we have of the subject, do some editing. We then collect the tales together into a singe paper and have the paper printed locally. We have completed three such papers and are working on the fourth and I am wondering if the might be a simpler way, or if anyone would have some suggestions for improving the process of generating these tales for publication (actually self-publication).