Mike Talbot

Upgrade TMG 7.0 to TMG 7.01

I keep a backup copy of all TMG upgrade files. In TMG 6 it was easy, upgrades were named something like TMGxxxyyy.exe.

After upgrading to TMG 7.01, I cannot find the upgrade file on my HD. Where is it, what is it's name?

Thank you,

Mike Talbot

You can download the current update installer from this page:

http://www.whollygenes.com/Merchant2/merch...Screen=UPGRADES

Just to note... When you use 'Check for an update', the installer downloads the update installer to the temp folder under a name of its choosing, uses the installer, and then deletes it when the process is completed. You can't locate it because you don't know the name and the file is gone by the time that you are looking for it even if you knew the name. If you want a copy, it's easiest to go retrieve it from the above web page.

You can download the current update installer from this page:

http://www.whollygenes.com/Merchant2/merch...Screen=UPGRADES

Just to note... When you use 'Check for an update', the installer downloads the update installer to the temp folder under a name of its choosing, uses the installer, and then deletes it when the process is completed. You can't locate it because you don't know the name and the file is gone by the time that you are looking for it even if you knew the name. If you want a copy, it's easiest to go retrieve it from the above web page.

Thank you. That's what I did. How disapponting. The TMG 7.01 upgrade took a very long time (download on a 54 kb modem). I wish that we could go back to the TMG 6 upgrade proceedure which was relatively fast and easy.

Will the name of the upgrade file make it easy to find?

Thanks for your help, again,

Mike Talbot

Will the name of the upgrade file make it easy to find?

What's the name? I think that I answered that above.

You can retrieve the upgrade file during the install process but you have to know what you are doing and when and where to look.