Alan Mead

End note superscript coding

This is bound to be a simple fix - but can I find out how to do it?

Possibly since right clicking in Sentence structure (Custom), when I produce an Individual Narrative report to the screen I get the following:

Thomas Mead was born circa 1688, probably in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire. <FHELVSS75>1<FHELVSS75>,<FHELVSS75>2

This now occurs on all my Individual Narrative reports. Reports to word processing file or via Second Site are no problem at all. Has anyone got any ideas? It's not a big deal but I'd like to understand what I've done wrong and set it back.

Alan,

- First, see Michael's reply below. If this problem seemed to coincide with editing a sentence, it could well be that you have an extra symbol somewhere in that sentence. They should always be used in pairs. If one is missing, it could cause the otherwise-hidden font expressions which follow to be exposed, as you are seeing.

- Do you see the same problem if you run the Individual Narrative report in the Sample project?

- The font HELVSS75 is one of 4 fonts installed with TMG, and this could be an indication that you are missing that font, which could happen if you recently uninstalled TMG v6. In that case, we can send you a new set of fonts. I would expect to see the problem in other reports though.

- Check that you have a printer selected (Properties on the report definition screen). If it is the default printer, try selecting a specific printer. The program needs a printer driver to format the report on the screen.

- Try resetting the report definition to its default settings - using the Delete button under the configuration name.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

Alan,

Are you getting this throughout your entire report for all sentences? Or just in one sentence type?

If the latter and only happening for the sentences from one tag type, I have heard of this sometimes occuring if you have unbalanced conditional angles around TMG sentence variables. These are the less-than '' signs. Check the Sentence definition in the tag that is producing the problem sentence and see if this might be the issue.