iamken

Report for missing Citations

I have discovered missing Citations and need help on how to filter a report.

I have filtered a "List of Events" report but I only get and event with missing a Citation, I need to filter for other than events, such as "Name Var", "Father and Mother Var".

Is there a way to do both on one report so I can take care of one person at a time?

Thank you in advance

Kenny

Kathy,

Try a List of People (LOP) Report with the following filter:

Field Subfield Operator Value Connect

Any Event... # of citations = Equals 0 OR

Name group... # of citations = Equals 0 OR

Father-Bio... Number of Citations = Equals 0 OR

Mother-Bio... Number of Citations = Equals 0 END

Name and save the filter with a recognizable name, like missing citations. If you use any of the other relationship tags for parent-child relationships, like -Can, -Ado, -Ste, etc., you would need to add those since I could not find a "group.." option for relationships. Interestingly enough, this LOP filter does not work on the PE. The Father-X and Mother-X fields are not available for the PE or Picklist filters. (Learn something new every day.) Make sure you save the whole report under a different name (click add button at top) like missing citations.

Then run the report and check several people to ensure you are getting the expected results. For all but the Father & Mother relationship tags, a check mark will not appear if there is no source cited for that tag. (Make sure you have turned on the column to display sources on the details screen. Preference> Tag Box> check Show Source column.) To check the parent relationship, click on the Mother and Father and open the relationship tag, or just switch views to each of the parents and check the relationship tag in the details screen for that child. (If child relationship tags do not show in the details screen, right click anywhere in the details box and click Show children to display those tags in the Details window.)

If the results are as expected, reset the Temp flag to N and then open up your new Missing Citations Report definition and use the Secondary Output tab of the Options window to change the Temp flag to Y. Run the LOP report Missing Citations and change the TEMP flag to Y. Then filter the Project Explorer for Temp = Y, check the box for primary names, and you have your list. If I were you, I would then right click in the PE and save those names to a new focus group. (Clear the focus group first.) Save the focus group for future use and then you can work your way down through all the people one at a time, deleting those you've fixed as you go along. Don't forget to re-save and overwrite focus after each session or you deleted folks will still be listed...

Hope this helps!

Janis Parkison Rodriguez

Edited by JanisR

Janis

Worked perfectly

Thanks

Kenny