Judi

Global Surety Change

Is is possible to globally change sureties for a source you have discovered less reliable that originally thought?

Thanks, Judi

Is is possible to globally change sureties for a source you have discovered less reliable that originally thought?

Thanks, Judi

I think you can do this with John Cardinal's TMG utility program -- under citations, change one source surety -- at least I think I remember that aright.

All good wishes.

formerprof

Edited by formerprof

I haven't used this particular feature of the TMG Utility, but the following is from the Help documentation. It may be more restrictive than you need. Not sure whether it will work on a tag that has more than one citation but only one from that particular source, but certainly worth investigating.

Set One-Citation Surety sets surety values for tags that have a single citation to a specific source. For example, if a Note tag has a citation to source #29, and no other citations, Set One-Citation Surety can be used to set the surety value for any populated field in the event, P1, P2, Date, Place, or Memo (12DPM).

I haven't used this particular feature of the TMG Utility, but the following is from the Help documentation. It may be more restrictive than you need. Not sure whether it will work on a tag that has more than one citation but only one from that particular source, but certainly worth investigating.
Set One-Citation Surety sets surety values for tags that have a single citation to a specific source. For example, if a Note tag has a citation to source #29, and no other citations, Set One-Citation Surety can be used to set the surety value for any populated field in the event, P1, P2, Date, Place, or Memo (12DPM).

Thanks--it works but not on tags with another citation. But it caught most of them. I'll catch the rest when I edit my reports.

Judi