percy porter

Creating a seperate gedcom file.

I wish to extract details of a few lines in our family tree to send on to a relation who is also following the same line but don't want to send my whole tree. Is there a way of extracting just the lines I wish to send.?

Alan NZ

Alan NZ,

You might be interested in reading Terry's tips about this first

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/sharing.htm

I agree wholeheartedly with Terry, in that any time I have shared data via gedcom I have regretted it.

However, should you really wish to proceed, you can export data from a focus group.

So if you can identify the line you wish to share, add the progenitor to the focus group, select him and select add descendants, and add others

Then select all and add the spouses etc etc etc until you get all the people you want.

Then use the File Export option.

Alan NZ,

You might be interested in reading Terry's tips about this first

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/sharing.htm

I agree wholeheartedly with Terry, in that any time I have shared data via gedcom I have regretted it.

However, should you really wish to proceed, you can export data from a focus group.

So if you can identify the line you wish to share, add the progenitor to the focus group, select him and select add descendants, and add others

Then select all and add the spouses etc etc etc until you get all the people you want.

Then use the File Export option.

Thanks Lorna, I'll try that. It's a bit late in the day for my brain so it will have to wait until tommorrow now. I wish to share one family line with a distant relation who is following the same basic line as me and I am not keen on sending the whole tree.

Alan NZ