Pete48

Merging two accents

Hi

I would like to create an accent condition that is "Is an Ancestor or Descendant and Male". Also, "Is an Ancestor or Descendant and Female". Thereby eliminating a conflict color when using the existing "SEX" and "Is an Ancestor or Descendant conditions".

Can anyone advise please?

Pete48

Guest Michael Dietz
Hi

I would like to create an accent condition that is "Is an Ancestor or Descendant and Male". Also, "Is an Ancestor or Descendant and Female". Thereby eliminating a conflict color when using the existing "SEX" and "Is an Ancestor or Descendant conditions".

Pete48

You will need to set up two custom flags, one for AorD and Male and one for AorD and Female. Then you can set the accent colors based on those two flags. Unfortunately TMG only allows one compound based accent to the exclusion of all other accent possibilities. I think this is a flaw in the design of the program but I don't know what limitations FoxPro puts on that type of logic. It would be nice to set an accent for AorD and Male and another accent for AorD and Female at the same time without having to use custom flags.

Mike

Hi

Pete48

You will need to set up two custom flags, one for AorD and Male and one for AorD and Female. Then you can set the accent colors based on those two flags. Unfortunately TMG only allows one compound based accent to the exclusion of all other accent possibilities. I think this is a flaw in the design of the program but I don't know what limitations FoxPro puts on that type of logic. It would be nice to set an accent for AorD and Male and another accent for AorD and Female at the same time without having to use custom flags.

Mike

Thank you Michael that seems to be working fine, pity all our Ancestors and Descendants can't be done at the same time.

Pete

... pity all our Ancestors and Descendants can't be done at the same time.

Pete,

I'm not sure what do you mean here. You can easily set up these flags with the Secondary Output of the List of People report and a filter, which I think is what you mean. If you need help doing that, we can provide details.

Pete,

I'm not sure what do you mean here. You can easily set up these flags with the Secondary Output of the List of People report and a filter, which I think is what you mean. If you need help doing that, we can provide details.

Hello Terry

Yes please. I have set up custom flags for "Ancestors and Descendants Male" and "Ancestors and Descendants Female" with values of ?YN. What next?

Pete

Pete,

Hello Terry

Yes please. I have set up custom flags for "Ancestors and Descendants Male" and "Ancestors and Descendants Female" with values of ?YN. What next?

Pete

Woops... Replied to soon. After a bit of thought I figured it out successfully, Thank you.

Pete

Edited by Pete48