Virginia Blakelock

Color in TMG: VCF, Accents, FGS

To complement the VCF palette file, I've added the RGB values to a ColorMaster chart (see screenshot below) in the same format as the VCF palette. The RGB values in this chart can be used to coordinate the colors of accents, Family Group Sheets, and VCF charts. ColorMaster is a VCF chart to which users may save their own custom colors. Download the chart from vblakelock.com/ColorMaster.vc2. Save the file to disk, open VCF and navigate to ColorMaster.vc2 to open it. I suggest printing the ColorMaster chart to get an idea of how your own printer will render the colors.

There are screenshots and links to the VCF palette, practice file, and a do-it-yourself one-page chart at the bottom of my little charts page: vblakelock.com/little_charts.

Coloring Family Group Sheets is discussed in an earlier message:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=29527

As mentioned in that message, a DOS batch file can be used to quickly change the bmp colors in TMG. Because of the long file paths in v7, I've written the batch files a little differently from v6, first changing to the RRW folder and then copying the color files, for example:

cd "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7\rrw"

copy C:\Colors\BlueD2\*.*

Please ask if you have questions -

Virginia

ColorMaster.jpg