Sign in to follow this  
Old Gent

Civil Marriage Ceremony Record

A relation of mine has recently been a party to a same-sex "Civil Ceremony", also known as a Gay Marriage. I want to enter this onto my database, but cannot find a suitable tag. The standard Marriage tag assumes opposite sex partners and so is not suitable. I have had a quick look at creating a new tag of this type, but as I am still a beginner as far as this part of TMG7 goes I find the process difficult, particularly as TMG seems to assume that all relationships are opposite-sex by default.

Has anyone had this situation before? If so, how did you enter the details? Alternatively has anyone created, or can create, a suitable tag format for this relationship? It seems that it will be needed more and more now that same-sex "marriages" are becoming more common.

Create a new tag in the Other tag type group and add an appropriate sentence structure. You could use the Marriage tag sentence structure as a starting point. TMG will not regard this as a 'marriage' since it's not in the Marriage tag type group but this will let you record the data and have it output with your custom sentence.

Many people have dealt with this type of data and I would imagine that you'll get some other suggestions.

This is not a UK issue so the question would have been better asked in the TMG7 forum. I don't see a topic in the Sentence Structures forum regarding this issue.

You would also get many more responses to this on the mail list rather than on the forum. The mail list has much more traffic regarding how to use TMG and how to record different data types.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=84