Brad Miller

Selecting roles for principal - unusual behavior

I have observed some unusual behavior when selecting roles for the principal in an event tag. I'm using TMG 7.0.3. For this particular tag I have defined several possible roles for the principals. For example: Principal, Role1, Role2, Role3.

Quite often when selecting a role, the role is changed for the other principal as well. For example if I choose Role1 for Principal #1, Role2 shows up for Principal #2. If I choose Role3 for Principal #3, Role2 shows up for Principal #1. If I choose Principal (default role) for either Principal #1 or Principal #2, the other principal is also changed to the default Principal role.

I hope that all wasn't too confusing; the specifics of the behavior aren't really what's important. It would seem to me to be undesirable behavior to have the role change in a dropdown other than where I'm making the selection.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

That is how it works. It's to speed date entry in double roled tags like marriage where P1 is the GROOM and P2 is the BRIDE. If you aren't using P2, don't worry about what role is showing. If you are, just select the role you want from the drop down list.

Brad,

I totally agree it's an undesirable behaivor, but that's the way it works. If you assign any Role to a Principal (other than the default "Principal" Role) the other Principal is assigned the next Role in order. The reason for this as I understand it is for those who for some reason feel the need to assign the Roles of Bride and Groom to the marriage tag - that forces the other Principal to be automatically assigned the other Role (provided you only have those two Roles - if you have more than these two you often will get the wrong one assigned anyway).

I agree with you that it would be much better if you could assign a custom Role to one principal and leave the default Role for the other if desired.

Thanks for the quick replies. And here I thought it was a bug in the software. It would be nice if the feature could be turned off, or at least have it not happen if there are more than two principal roles. But it's not a real big deal.

Thanks,

Brad