Doug Terrell

List of Names Associated with a Tag

Is it possible, and if so how, to produce a list of names of the people within a project who have a particular Tag? Specifically, I wish to produce a by-name list of all the people in my project who have the "Military Service" Tag.

Thanks!

Doug Terrell

Easy! Use a "List of Events" report with the "Subject(s) of the report a Filtered group. Create a filter like:

Tag Type... Label = Equals Military Service END

Then in the Options for the report, In the Output Columns include Column Types such as "Prin1 ID", "Prin 1 Last, Given", and any other fields you think might be useful.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Dear Michael,

Doug Terrell's question is the same as mine. I do truly want to tell my family about all the members who have served in the military especially since this is Veteran's Day. I went into Reports, and for the subjects of the report I highlighted "filtered group" and added "veterans of all wars." In Options I included Prin 1 Last, Given; Prin 1 ID, and Prin 2 Military #1 flag. When I asked that the report be created a screen popped up that "there are no qualifying events." Would you please guide me through this. I suppose I will miss Veteran's Day. Ah, well. . .

Kathleen Koecher

Kathleen,

Go back and read Michael's response above. He explains one way to do this based on the Tag Type that was used to record this data. Filters are very precise tools so you have to think out what you are asking.

What report is being used?

What tag type have you used to record the data?

How do you distinguish tags with the data that you want from other tags of that type?

Jim

Kathleen,

Go back and read Michael's response above. He explains one way to do this based on the Tag Type that was used to record this data. Filters are very precise tools so you have to think out what you are asking.

What report is being used?

What tag type have you used to record the data?

How do you distinguish tags with the data that you want from other tags of that type?

Jim

Jim, I am using the List of Events report

The tag type I have used to record data is "Military-Beg."

I distinguish the tags of the same type by highlighting values and using one of the letters or numbers I have assigned for various military events, such as American Revolution, Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc.

I am using the List of Events report

I distinguish the tags of the same type by highlighting values and using one of the letters or numbers I have assigned for various military events, such as American Revolution, Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc.

Where is that data stored in the tag (in the memo?) and what exact text are you searching for?

List of Events

filter

Tag Type... Label = MILITARY-BEG END would give you a list of all of these tags. Do you want to be more selective?

What I'm not understanding is the phrase "veterans of all wars" and how you are intending to use it. You can filter only on data that is stored in the tag record.

I am using the List of Events report

Where is that data stored in the tag (in the memo?) and what exact text are you searching for?

List of Events

filter

Tag Type... Label = MILITARY-BEG END would give you a list of all of these tags. Do you want to be more selective?

What I'm not understanding is the phrase "veterans of all wars" and how you are intending to use it. You can filter only on data that is stored in the tag record.