genejunky

Wish List: Spouses Vitals in Journal report

Hoping it's okay for me to list this as a separate item, I understand from the discussions last week that including full vitals for the spouse in the opening of the journal report for each principal is a separate consideration. More about the topic was in the forum item titled "Wish List: Order of BMD events in custom journal."

Essentially, this part of the "wish" is that all spouse vital can be included in the opening part of the journal entry, following the principals information. Anyone working with the report knows where to find the available vitals (BMD) for each of the entries.

At least as far as I have been able to learn, the complete spousal vitals are only reported if you select "include spouse events," and then that information is reported _after_ the reporting for the principal is concluded.

Thank you for considering this option. --GJ

Hoping it's okay for me to list this as a separate item, I understand from the discussions last week that including full vitals for the spouse in the opening of the journal report for each principal is a separate consideration. More about the topic was in the forum item titled "Wish List: Order of BMD events in custom journal."

Essentially, this part of the "wish" is that all spouse vital can be included in the opening part of the journal entry, following the principals information. Anyone working with the report knows where to find the available vitals (BMD) for each of the entries.

At least as far as I have been able to learn, the complete spousal vitals are only reported if you select "include spouse events," and then that information is reported _after_ the reporting for the principal is concluded.

Thank you for considering this option. --GJ

I second that motion.

Ultimate Family Tree has a Journal report option "All spouse data", which is similar to an option on descendant journal reports in TMG. UFT goes a bit overboard with ancestor reports, since the part of the report on an ancestor will contain all the data for the wife who is also an ancestor. Then on the section on the wife, it gives all the information on the husband. That can produce a lot of redundant information. I therefore manually edit out, in the word processor, all the spousal data except the BMD information, which is what I find useful for easily identifying which of several ancestors with the same name I am currently looking at. (The All Spouse data option also presents all the information on the spouses of the ancestor's siblings, which I find very useful.)

Pierce