Vince41

Master Tag Type List sentence restructure globally

I created a new sentence for the Baptism tag. I opened Tools, opened Master Tag Type List, and selected Baptism. I created a new sentence:

[P1] was baptised <by [R:Pate]> <[D]> <[L]>. <The sponsers were [R:Sponser1]< and [R:Sponser2].> <The event eas witnessed by <[W]>

I accept the changes.

When I go back to a previously created Baptism tag, nothing changes. The original sentence remains in the tag. When I go back to check the edited sentence, all the changes I made are there. Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to globally change the tag sentences?

I'm using TMG v7.03. My OS is Win XP SP3.

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Sounds like you had previously changed the Sentence in that tag, thus creating what is known as a "local" sentence. Look on the Tag Entry screen for that Tag - you should see the Sentence just below the Sentence button if there is a local Sentence. Also, if you click the Sentence button on the Sentence Structures screen, after the label above the large field, you would see "(Custom)."

Once you change the Sentence in an individual Tag, changing the Sentence for the Tag Type has no effect on that Tag. To change that Tag so it uses your new default Sentence, just delete the entire Sentence for that Tag.

If you don't create a local Sentence, the Tag will use the changed Sentence in the Tag Type.

Thanks for the help. I followed your suggestions and it worked. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had previously changed the Sentence in that tag, thus creating what is known as a "local" sentence. Look on the Tag Entry screen for that Tag - you should see the Sentence just below the Sentence button if there is a local Sentence. Also, if you click the Sentence button on the Sentence Structures screen, after the label above the large field, you would see "(Custom)."

Once you change the Sentence in an individual Tag, changing the Sentence for the Tag Type has no effect on that Tag. To change that Tag so it uses your new default Sentence, just delete the entire Sentence for that Tag.

If you don't create a local Sentence, the Tag will use the changed Sentence in the Tag Type.