I never can remember all the events from my database that might have happened in a specific location such as a county. So when I go to a library or other repository in a county, I usually only have a limited number of people or events I am researching compared to all of the people or events in my database.

When visiting locations for research, it is helpful to have a list of all the events from a database that occurred or could have occurred in that location. To do that, you can create a "List of Events" report filtered by place (e.g. city and/or county and possibly state) with output columns as desired (e.g., date, name, event, city, county). This gives every possible event for that location whether births, marriages, deaths, burials, residences, etc. for every person in your database and helps direct your research further when in the location. You can sort it by date or event or name and print a copy of each sort so that missing events are easier to find.

My suggestion is: even more helpful in the "List of Events" report is to add "Sources" to the output columns pick list for each event. That way, when Sources is printed as an output column, you can see quickly which sources you have already consulted and which you may not have consulted. When in a library looking through the stacks, having this report with Sources with you will help you decide whether to consult a particular reference.

This report would not replace the Research log, but would supplement it. It can also give a researcher a better ability to see possible events in an area needing research, but for which the person may not have thought of or planned prior to the visit.