nbradley

Expanded Picklist Screen Sizing Issue

I've run into an issue running TMG V7 on my new Compac 6910p (branded HP) Laptop using XP (latest service pack).

When I open the Expanded Picklist I'm not able to see the "buttons" (OK, Cancel, Help etc) which should show up on the bottom of the scree. It looks like what I can see on my laptop is about 75% of the full view except that I can't get at the other 25%.

Can anyone set me straight on what I may have done wrong to get into this state?

Edited by nbradley

Looks like the Expanded Picklist screen is simply set too tall for your laptop monitor (did you restore the settings from your desktop by chance?) That screen can be made very short - only showing lines for three people. I can't imagine any reasonably modern laptop can't display it.

To solve the problem, reduce the size of the screen by moving the top down (make sure you have the cursor on the very top border of the screen, and see the double-headed arrow cursor). Then, grab the whole screen and move it up (by clicking with the single-arrow cursor on the colored title bar across the top of the screen). That should do it, if not, repeat until the bottom is in view.

You're welcome, Neil. Glad to hear it's fixed.

Restoring the "Program Settings" between computers carries some risks. You have found one - if the monitor resolutions on the new computer is smaller than on the older one you can have issues with screens. Another occurs when the file layouts are different on the two systems.