Shaundm

Latest version of SS Version 1 with TMG6

I know this probably is not the correct place to post but not sure where else to go.

I am using TMG v 6.12 which I am happy to continue to use. I am using SS v 1.9 build 09. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version of SS1 so that I have the latest version without upgrading to SS2.

Does anyone know how to do this or if there are any issues/problems?

Thanks

Shaun

If you contact me off-forum I will tell you how to upgrade to SS v1.9.16.

Is there any particular reason you do not want to upgrade to SS2? SS2 is compatible with TMG v6 and TMG v7.

If you contact me off-forum I will tell you how to upgrade to SS v1.9.16.

Is there any particular reason you do not want to upgrade to SS2? SS2 is compatible with TMG v6 and TMG v7.

The only reason I do not want to upgrade is that I am very happy with SS1 (it produces exactly what I want) and also do not want to try to learn the new features, etc. of SS2 as I don't have the time at the moment.

I suspect that now I'll go and see what the new features are I'll want to upgrade!

Regards, Shaun

Shaun,

Man! Users who are very happy with the old version are so frustrating!

Seriously, thanks for providing your email address. I will send you the URL you need in a reply to that message. If you are currently using v1.9.9, and you are using a custom Theme or Format, make sure you review the Change Log entries for v1.9.13.

There are a lot of compelling features in SS2. It does take a little effort to upgrade if you want your site to look the same as it does in SS1. Personally, I don't think that's the right goal. The changes in SS2 make it easy to build sites that are more up-to-date with respect to current site design standards and conventions compared to SS1. SS1 was first released in 2002 and a lot has changed since then. While I updated the program regularly between 2002 and 2007, I needed to replace it with a new version to (A) apply what I learned from watching people use SS1 to build sites, (B) take advantage of new web technologies and better standards adoption by browser suppliers.

If you need/want advice about how to upgrade, let me know. There is some helpful information in the newsletter that announced the release of SS2, including a FAQ section for SS1 users. Also, check out the SS2 example site.

Shaun,

Man! Users who are very happy with the old version are so frustrating! <g>

Seriously, thanks for providing your email address. I will send you the URL you need in a reply to that message. If you are currently using v1.9.9, and you are using a custom Theme or Format, make sure you review the Change Log entries for v1.9.13.

There are a lot of compelling features in SS2. It does take a little effort to upgrade if you want your site to look the same as it does in SS1. Personally, I don't think that's the right goal. The changes in SS2 make it easy to build sites that are more up-to-date with respect to current site design standards and conventions compared to SS1. SS1 was first released in 2002 and a lot has changed since then. While I updated the program regularly between 2002 and 2007, I needed to replace it with a new version to (A) apply what I learned from watching people use SS1 to build sites, (B) take advantage of new web technologies and better standards adoption by browser suppliers.

If you need/want advice about how to upgrade, let me know. There is some helpful information in the newsletter that announced the release of SS2, including a FAQ section for SS1 users. Also, check out the SS2 example site.

Thanks, it does look good and I like the format and layout of the new example. I'll review 'when to make the plunge'

Thanks, Shaun