TMG 7.04.

I am probably trying to either enter to much information or entering the wrong information, but....

I just received my HVR1 mtDNA results from FamilytreeDNA, which has 57 sets of base sequences. However, I am only able to enter 50 of these sets into the DNA log, using the FamilyTreeDNA format. There are what appear to be additional blank spaces below my last entry but I cannot access them to enter the data.

Am I doing something wrong? If so, what should I be doing?

Also, the link labeled "More infromation about this test:" on the Familytree DNA mtDNA data entry screen does not work. Again, is it me?

Thanks

Huh? There is no such test as 'Familytree DNA mtDNA '. You are apparently referring to the mtDNA template.

You are correct that the HVR fields are limited to 50 rows. I've modified the template to 100 rows.

Unzip the attached template file into your TMG program folder and into the user program data folder (this is the copy used) replacing the copies of the file already there.

The user program data folder is:

Windows Vista

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v7

or

Windows XP and Windows 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7

'username' being your account username.

(I removed the updated .DNA file since it won't work with TMG v7.04. The updated .DNA file and the bug fix that allows it to work should be in the next public release of TMG.)

Huh? There is no such test as 'Familytree DNA mtDNA '. You are apparently referring to the mtDNA template.

You are correct that the HVR fields are limited to 50 rows. I've modified the template to 100 rows.

Unzip the attached template file into your TMG program folder and into the user program data folder (this is the copy used) replacing the copies of the file already there.

Windows Vista

or

You are correct in my mis-naming the template.

Just followed your instructions for WinXP and extracted the file into the two locations - I still cannot enter past row 50.

Edited by rlgleason51

Windows Vista

or

You are correct in my mis-naming the template.

Just followed your instructions for WinXP and extracted the file into the two locations - I still cannot enter past row 50.

As a followup to my inabiltiy to add data above 50 rows, I tried adding a new mtdna and still ran into the 50 row limit.

Hummm... Appears to be hard-coded and ignoring the template setting. Wrote the programmer.

Also note that when working correctly, the new template will only affect new mtDNA records. Existing records will have the row setting they were created with.

The failure to respect the rows setting is a bug.

Send me the _dna.dbf and _dna.fpt files from your project. The files should contain the mtDNA test. In the first row of HVR1, enter 'xxxxxx' so I have a way of identifying the record.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

%%%%%%%%%%

Received, patched and returned _dna table as a test.

Edited by Jim Byram

The failure to respect the rows setting is a bug.

Send me the _dna.dbf and _dna.fpt files from your project. The files should contain the mtDNA test. In the first row of HVR1, enter 'xxxxxx' so I have a way of identifying the record.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

%%%%%%%%%%

Received, patched and returned _dna table as a test.

My problem has been resolved.