Bafburns

Printing Journal Reports without Memos

Can Journal reports actually be generated without event Tag Memos other than those appearing in tag sentences? I am running TMG v.7.04. TMG Help says such Memos can be prevented from appearing in the report by selecting the appropriate options in Report Options - i.e., selecting "Custom format" on the General tab, and selecting "None" on the Memos tab. I have followed those instructions but the Memos still appear in the report. Is there something else I should be doing?

Barrie

Hi Barrie,

You are doing what should work. I just ran a test "custom format" Journal report on my project for a person with a tag that has a memo but whose sentence does not have the [M] variable. The option of "None" on the Memos worked to suppress that memo.

Could you give an example of a tag whose memo still prints and Copy/Paste the tag sentence as an example? Also, are you sure you are looking at the newly created report with the new options and not the old report? I have done that before.

Reset the report options to default by clicking on the [Delete] button on the report definition screen.

The default is to have the Memo tab set to none and only memos in sentences should be output.