rlgleason51

OT - multiple processor PCs

I am relunctantly shopping for a new desktop PC and have discovered that dual/quad processors is the new norm. I am aware of software (and some hardware) issues with 64bit Operating Systems, specifically TMG and Windows Vista64.

Is anyone aware of any hardware/software issues associated with dual/quad processors and 32 bit operating systems (I will be downgrading to XP)? I have two scanners, three external hard drives, and various other hardware devices, plus lots of software (including TMG 7.04) and am hesitant to proceed without some idea of what to expect.

Of course, the sales personnel all say no problem (but they do have some bias as they want the sale).

Any advice, thoughts, or other input much appreciated.

Thanks.

Is anyone aware of any hardware/software issues associated with dual/quad processors and 32 bit operating systems (I will be downgrading to XP)?

It's a non-issue.

It's also a bad time to be going backwards in regard to the operating system with Win7 coming out late this year.

With computers, it's always a good idea to look ahead and move ahead.

Is anyone aware of any hardware/software issues associated with dual/quad processors and 32 bit operating systems (I will be downgrading to XP)?

It's a non-issue.

It's also a bad time to be going backwards in regard to the operating system with Win7 coming out late this year.

With computers, it's always a good idea to look ahead and move ahead.

Thanks Jim. Glad multi-processor PCs are non issues. Reason I was wanting to downgrade to XP was: Doubtful my current PC will last until Win 7 is released; and when it is released to see if I needed to upgrade my software.