RHandwerk

RUN error when printing

When I try to print any Report I get the following error:

RUN|! Command failed. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

My choices are: Cancel, Igonre, Help.

When I choose Cancel, the entire program freezes.

I am using the most current version of TMG 7.

Thanks,

Richard Handwerk

Printing worked correctly and this just began happening?

If that's the case, I would try reverting to a restore point before the problem began. And you should think about what change on your system might be responsible.

This persists when you reboot your computer?

Yes, I rebooted from a complete shut down.

Thank you for your help, Jim!

I have not tried to print anything, since I upgraded from version 6 to version 7. I can try the Restore; but can I try, reinstalling version 7 over again? Or might that make things worse!

I didn't suggest using restore to restore your database.

I suggested restoring an operating system restore point but, since you don't know when the problem began, that's not an option.

Don't uninstall/reinstall the program yet because that could make things more difficult to fix.

I'm attaching a zipped BAT file. Unzip that to your desktop and run it. It will create a text file on your desktop named 'setting.txt'.

Post the contents of that text file so that I can check the settings.

wp_Get_setting.zip

I didn't suggest using restore to restore your database.

I suggested restoring an operating system restore point but, since you don't know when the problem began, that's not an option.

Don't uninstall/reinstall the program yet because that could make things more difficult to fix.

I'm attaching a zipped BAT file. Unzip that to your desktop and run it. It will create a text file on your desktop named 'setting.txt'.

Post the contents of that text file so that I can check the settings.

Thanks! I did as you described above, and Ran the .bat file, but the contents do not make sense.

Here is a Copy of the settings.txt file.

ÿþW

Also, I still have version 6 on my computer. I ran it, and it prints everything just fine.

Edited by RHandwerk

That doesn't help. Setting.txt should contain a list of registry values. What is your operating system?

Also, I still have version 6 on my computer. I ran it, and it prints everything just fine.

In that case, uninstall v7, delete the program folder, and reinstall v7. Retest the printing.

Your TMG data folders will be unchanged by the uninstall.

Thank you Jim! The uninstall-reinstall, worked just fine! The program prints great. Thank you for your patience and time. I did accidently delete my databases, but dug them out of the recycle bin. All is well, thanks!