Hi Support,

I have a copy of TMG for Windows Gold edition copyright 1998. It used to run on WIN-95, but I now have WIN-XP.

I get "divide by zero or overflow error" when I run it now.

I right-clicked the image TMGMAINW.exe and then properties, changed the Compatibility to WIN-95 and click Apply.

I still get "divide by zero or overflow error" pop-up.

If any one has suggestions, it would be appreciated.

I looked for a serial number, in case I need to upgrade it. I can't find a serial number on the CD's or case.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am just a volunteer moderator of this Forum and cannot speak for Wholly Genes, but your Topic subject asks about "Upgrade Options". If you check Wholly Genes main web site for upgrades here you will see there is a price break only for upgrading from Version 6. The price for Version 5 or earlier is the full price. Your version, with a copyright of 1998 (eleven years old!) is either Version 3 or Version 4 (it should say which on the CD). So I wouldn't worry about finding your serial number for a special upgrade price.

As for importing your existing data, the current Version 7 Help documentation says: "You can import TMG 4.x or earlier files, which have a file extension of .TMG, or TMG backup files, which have a file extension of .SQZ." Thus you should have no problem getting your existing TMG data into the current Version.

As for your error message, I don't have a copy of a version that old, so can't test it myself. Wholly Genes support staff, or another user with experience in trying older versions will have to help you with that.

Be aware that there are a lot of new features and capabilities with the latest version. Compared to your old version the latest looks and acts like a whole new program. There are a number of differences and a bit to learn, but feel free to ask questions. There are many users of TMG subscribed here who are happy to try to help.

Mike -

I found a similar report in the 2001 TMG-L archives here. The thread is broken, but the earlier messages are at the bottom of the page and include more detailed information. That could be a later TMG version than yours and may not apply.

To contact Tech Support:

From www.whollygenes.com > Contact us

E-mail support : support@whollygenes.com

Phone support : 410-715-2260 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern)

Virginia

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I found a file called change35.txt and when I open it I see v3.5. So I guess I will pay full price for the "upgrade". Hopefully it can read the v3.5 data.

Take care. Mike

Support might need to update your data sets to v4.0d before they can be imported with no issues. Not sure about that.