otisinhotville

Problem importing data into V7 from V6 and FTM

I have a new laptop with Vista. Bought TMG V7 and installed. I'm having a problem importing a project from V6 and FTM. Import starts but then I get a bunch of error messages and it freezes. First error reads Declare DLL caused an exception 77 GB11MPEXHIBITS. Any suggestions?

To transfer a project from TMG v6 to TMG v7, you back up the project in v6 (File / Backup) and restore that project in v7 (File / Restore).

What version FTM database are you trying to import?

To transfer a project from TMG v6 to TMG v7, you back up the project in v6 (File / Backup) and restore that project in v7 (File / Restore).

What version FTM database are you trying to import?

I am using FTM v16. Will try the Tmg backup.

You are clear that moving of TMG6 data to TMG7 and the import of an FTM database into TMG7 are completely different processes done by completely different methods? Your first post intertwined the two.

The import of FTM 16 and earlier databases into TMG v7.04 has a couple of issues. If you contact me directly, I'll send you updated import components and instructions. You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

I am experiencing a similar problem as post 4 Jul 2009, 10:46 AM Post #4.

I have tried to import FTM version 2006 into new TMG version 7.04.

I get error message "Declare DLL call caused an exception..." and after 36%/38% was loaded had to abort.

I do have data on TMG that I can read. I can't use "edit>find a person" since it is grayed out. I have 8,600 names and about 80MB of info from the FTM.

I ordered the CD but while waiting for it to arrive in the mail I downloaded from the Internet using my serial number.

I would appreciate assistance. :wub: