BobS

Have to start TMG TWICE

When I want to start TMG and click on the icon often a window comes up saying it is checking for new versions. I expected it to continue to load TMG after checking, but it never does. I have to click on the icon again after the check is done or TMG doesn't come up on the screen. What's happening here and can I get it to start the first time every time?

Turn off the new version check. Of course, what you are seeing shouldn't be happening.

File / Preferences / Program Options / Startup and Exit / Check the website for an update every _0_ days

I'm in the latest release of v7. But, thanks, I'll turn off the check and all should be well.

Edited by BobS

Hi,

I am having the same problem (which was not present in V6): When TMG checks for an update (whatever the period may be) it closes after the check and has to be restarted manually. So, you have either to live with this behaviour or you have to abstain from the automatic check for updates

I already reported it in this thread:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=10281&hl=update

Regards

Helmut

I am having the same problem (which was not present in V6): When TMG checks for an update (whatever the period may be) it closes after the check and has to be restarted manually.

Yes. That's how it works because of limititions with the installer and Windows Vista permission issues.