TMGnewbie

Importing Legacy file into

I am a user of Legacy 7 and wish to purchase Super Tools v2 to use for charting. Since there is no trial version of Super Tools v2 I downloaded the trial version of TMG (which is said to include all the capabilities of Super Tools v2 in its vcf component) as a way to try out Super Tools v2. However, when I launch vcf.exe to try it out I find no way for vcf to work with Legacy fdb file. Are things different in the stand alone Super Tools v2?

Thank you.

SuperTools is an abbreviated version of TMG, both of which use VCF to actually create the chart. You do not import the database into VCF, but rather into TMG/SuperTools, which sets up the chart, then sends the data to VCF to then create the chart.

So for your testing, you need to open TMG and do the import there, then use the Reports > Box chart menu to create the chart.

SuperTools works the same way as the trial version of TMG so far as creating box charts goes. However, I'm not sure that it has the lastest versions of the import feature, so you might do well to inquire as to whether it will import your current version of the genealogy program you are using. Perhaps someone here can comment on that.