Paul Leger

Searching Citations to get Family Group Sheets

I have inputted quite a number of parish records in my area into TMG V7.0. I have given each parish record a citation (source #). I would like to do a search on source numbers (the parish records) to output family group sheets for those people that have a marriage tag and a source number corresponding to the parish records I have inputted. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it. I know I can get sort of a list of people in List of Citations... however that doesn't exactly give me what I want. I realise now that maybe reference would have been a better choice... but since I have a lot of data... and I mean several thousand entries per parish record I would rather not have to go back and input a reference for each of them...

So what can I do? I am sure there is a way. I am not sure why that the set of search items in List of Citations doesn't correspond to the list in the Family Group Sheet... or am I the only one to have tried this?

Paul Leger

You could do something like this.

Create a custom flag with settings ?, Y, N. Default being ?.

Run a List of Events with this filter:

Tag Type... Label = MARRIAGE AND

Any Citation... Src Number = [?] END

Use the report Options / Secondary Output to set the flag to 'Y'.

Run the report and enter the source number when you are prompted.

Now run the Family Group Sheet with the subject set to 'Filtered' with the filter ...

Flag whatever = Y.

You can use the secondary output of the List of People report to reset the flag to '?' after each run. And then use the List of Events for another run with a different source.