thunderrabbit

Variable IDEXHIBIT not found

HI gang!

I'm running TMG that I downloaded a couple weeks ago; I believe it is the latest, but don't see where/how to check.

I'm running on Windows XP in VirtualBox running on Mac OS X 10.6. I doubt the OS has anything to do with the error I got.

To reproduce:

I added my first(?) exhibit (an image) to a person record,

I clicked the empty dropdown list of captions (I think empty is the key to the bug)

I tried to resize the window

the error I got was a popup alert saying

Variable 'IDEXHIBIT' is not found. 9 FRMEXHIBIT.CONIMGLIST.RAITEM.RCLOADIMAGE_ASSIGN

If I removed the mouse cursor from that empty list of captions, by clicking on the dropdown list for Focus (for example), I could resize the window.

Once I added a caption to the image, I could resize the window (including with mouse in the now-non-empty captions list).

8335_289657505715_816205715_9177301_5698410_n.jpg

Thanks!

- Rob

Hi Rob,

I will make a guess that by the "drop down list of captions" you really meant the drop down list of Sort options? It is empty because you have not yet closed the Exhibit Log from adding this first Exhibit, so I am guessing that TMG still thinks there are no exhibits thus sorting does not make any sense.

As for what window you are resizing, since your screen shot shows the Exhibit Log still open, and no other TMG sub-windows are accessible when it is open, I am assuming you were trying to resize the Exhibit Log window?? Or were you trying to resize the main TMG window itself?

I have tried to reproduce this error and cannot. I created a project with only one person, and no exhibits, then added an exhibit, clicked on the (empty) Sort drop down arrow, and then tried to resize the Exhibit Log window. It worked just fine. Is this error repeatable for you? Since I can't reproduce it could you be more detailed and complete about the steps you took? For example, what were the exact steps you took to add the image? What kind of image? How many total exhibits do you have in this project? How did you try to resize, with the mouse dragging a corner, or a keystroke sequence, or ??? And anything else you can think of that might help one of us reproduce this error.

Sorry to have not been clearer before... Using the screenshot I attached in my first post (above), I'll try to explain where I clicked.

Hi Rob,

I will make a guess that by the "drop down list of captions" you really meant the drop down list of Sort options?

Sorry, no, not the dropdown of Sort options, but near the bottom of the screenshot, below the attachment labeled "news of Cordie death 15," there is a white field. On its right there is a caret ^ and to the right of that it says "1 (Internal), (1-1) / 1." The white field is what I clicked. ((( I guess it woulda made more sense to include the entire field in my screenshot!! )))

I am assuming you were trying to resize the Exhibit Log window??

Yes.

When I click my mouse in the white field (visible in the bottom left of my screenshot, to the left of "1 (Internal), (1-1) / 1"), thereby selecting the field, and then try to resize the Exhibit Log window, I get the error. This is repeatable for me.

If you still can't repeat it, I'll try to make a movie of the error in action.

Thanks!

- Rob

OK. I understand. That field displays the caption for the currently selected exhibit. I can't replicate the error (yet). I'll write it up and give the developer a shot at it.

Update...

The programmer couldn't replicate the error either but says he sees how it could happen and has fixed it. The fix should be in the next release of TMG.

Edited by Jim Byram

The programmer couldn't replicate the error either but says he sees how it could happen and has fixed it. The fix should be in the next release of TMG.

Yay!!!!! I love programmers!

Thank you for your efforts, and especially for forwarding the bug report even though you couldn't reproduce the error. :-)